Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Write to a closed excel spreadsheet

Hi gang,
I am on Excel 2003

I have a problem I am trying to solve . I am trying to keep a log of
all invoices that are processed by the invoice clerks in a given
period. I would like to populate a spreadsheet M-log from the cell
values (H6,O6,P6,H7,H15 & O14 from " Invoice1". I would like this to
occur when the " Invoice1" spreadsheet is closed be the invoice clerk.

The spreadsheet M-log will not be open at this time &, its path
would be c:\excel\m-log. I would like to insert the values into
"Sheet1" of M-log and into the cell range B8,B9,B10,B11,B12,B13

thanks,

Dave
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Keeping your data in a column seems kind of weird to me--especially since you'll
run out of columns much more quickly than running out of rows.

Debra Dalgleish has something that you may want to start with:
http://contextures.com/xlForm02.html

You'll have to adjust the ranges and point to the correct worksheets in the
correct workbooks, like:

Set inputWks = Worksheets("Input")
Set historyWks = Worksheets("PartsData")

Set inputWks = workbooks("someworkbookname").Worksheets("someshee tname")
or maybe
Set inputWks = activesheet

Set historyWks = workbooks("m-log.xls").Worksheets("Sheet1")

========
Personally, I've always found this kind of stuff much more manageable if all the
data is kept in one workbook (even with that historywks hidden).

============
You didn't ask, but Debra has a way of filling the form with data from the
history sheet:
http://contextures.com/xlForm03.html

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dave wrote:

Hi gang,
I am on Excel 2003

I have a *problem I am trying to solve . I am trying to keep a log of
all invoices that are processed by the invoice clerks in a given
period. I would like to populate a spreadsheet M-log *from the cell
values (H6,O6,P6,H7,H15 & O14 from * " Invoice1". I would like this to
occur when the " Invoice1" spreadsheet is closed be the invoice clerk.

*The *spreadsheet M-log *will not be open at this time &, its path
would be c:\excel\m-log. I *would like to insert the values *into
"Sheet1" of *M-log *and into the cell range B8,B9,B10,B11,B12,B13

thanks,

Dave

--

Dave Peterson- Hide quoted text -

Thanks so much Dave , I see now how to go about doing it. Thanks again
for all your kind help