Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How do I have multiple workbooks open and have a menu to switch be

How do I have multiple workbooks open and have a menu to switch between them?
I need to have approximatly 5 workbooks to use due to the size of the
workbooks would negate using just one for all of the sheets.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you are wondering what I am referancing you could go to traderxl.com and
watch the analyzerxl demo and see the tabs at the top of the sheet under
addin menu.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Here is one I use on my MENU sheet to double click on a cell which has the
wb or ws typed in. Right click sheet tabview codeinsert this. If you don't
need the worksheet part, simply modify. If wb open it activates. If not, it
opens it.

Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As
Boolean)
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
Dim WantedSheet As String
WantedSheet = Trim(ActiveCell.Value)
If WantedSheet = "" Then Exit Sub
On Error Resume Next
If Sheets(WantedSheet) Is Nothing Then
GetWorkbook ' calls another macro to do that
Else
Application.Goto Sheets(WantedSheet).Range("a4")
End If
Application.DisplayAlerts = True
End Sub

Sub GetWorkbook()
If ActiveCell.Value = "" Then Exit Sub
workbookname = ActiveCell.Value
On Error GoTo OpenWorkbook
Windows(workbookname & ".xls").Activate
Exit Sub
OpenWorkbook:
Workbooks.Open(workbookname & ".xls").RunAutoMacros xlAutoOpen

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"Ken C" wrote in message
How do I have multiple workbooks open and have a menu to switch between
them?
I need to have approximatly 5 workbooks to use due to the size of the
workbooks would negate using just one for all of the sheets.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you are wondering what I am referancing you could go to traderxl.com
and
watch the analyzerxl demo and see the tabs at the top of the sheet under
addin menu.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How do I have multiple workbooks open and have a menu to switc

Thanks Don, but the reasion that I'm asking is that I'm not versed in
programming at all but would like to have something like a comercial app.
that I bought. Have you ever heard of TraderXL? If you don't care to look
at the Analyzerxl demo on the site "www.Traderxl.com" and you could see what
I'm trying to do. I have a group of different spreadsheets that I'm using
for a trading journal with a trading worksheet to check to see if the trade
is worth getting into. Also I have two profit tracking spreadsheets and
another calculation sheet. If their is a way to beable to create the tabs in
an addon menu and be able to link different workbooks together I would
appreciate the help.

Thanks in advance
P.S. Sorry about asking the dumb questions.