Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Open Multiple Workbooks or Worksheets

Question, is it better to open mulitple workbooks or have one workboo
with multiple worksheets. I will be doing a lot of computation wit
these files/sheets in VBA, and I was wondering which would be mor
efficient.

If "multiple worksheets" is the answer, then how do I get the info fro
the other workbooks to the multiple-sheet workbook? The only way I ca
think of is writing a macro to copy and paste the info onto a ne
worksheet. Is that the only way?

I hope I am making sense.

Joh

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,
It depends on the size of data for each sheet.
If one workbook is over 10mb then, yes, separate
workbooks is better. If the total of all sheets is less
than 10mb then one workbook is easierto handle.

If you think that the way you are doing things now is too
cumbersome then maybe a userform may be the answer. Send a
dummy workbook (about 1mb) to me and I will evaluate it.
Anything I do is free until I say not.

see some of my sample works at:
http://au.geocities.com/excelmarksway
http://www.geocities.com/excelmarksway

regards
Mark E. Philpot

Question, is it better to open mulitple workbooks or have

one workbook
with multiple worksheets. I will be doing a lot of

computation with
these files/sheets in VBA, and I was wondering which

would be more
efficient.

If "multiple worksheets" is the answer, then how do I get

the info from
the other workbooks to the multiple-sheet workbook? The

only way I can
think of is writing a macro to copy and paste the info

onto a new
worksheet. Is that the only way?

I hope I am making sense.

John