Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default References Different on different machines

This comes on the back of a question i asked earlier. Maybe a stupid
question but here go's.

I've discovered that in Tools References that some users have:
Microsoft Windows Common Controls-2 6.0 (SP6)
Microsoft Windows Common Controls 6.0 (SP6)

On my machine i have SP3. I've checked the version on both machines and the
version is SP3. Would this be the reason my Userform crashes and i get the
message ""Object Library Invalid or contains references to object
definitions
that could not be found"

I'm guessing it is but before i launch into a reuqest to get this fixed
wanted to confirm with some of you guys out there that this could well be the
case.

THanks
John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

To answer the previous question
I didn't have to uncheck to fix the problem with Ref Edit Control. I simply
hit the Browse button and found the library file on my C: drive and double
clicked on the filename in the dialog window.

I think when updates occured to the excel the references weren't loaded
properly. My problem I think occured when the program file directory for
excel went from office10 to office11.

"John" wrote:

This comes on the back of a question i asked earlier. Maybe a stupid
question but here go's.

I've discovered that in Tools References that some users have:
Microsoft Windows Common Controls-2 6.0 (SP6)
Microsoft Windows Common Controls 6.0 (SP6)

On my machine i have SP3. I've checked the version on both machines and the
version is SP3. Would this be the reason my Userform crashes and i get the
message ""Object Library Invalid or contains references to object
definitions
that could not be found"

I'm guessing it is but before i launch into a reuqest to get this fixed
wanted to confirm with some of you guys out there that this could well be the
case.

THanks
John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Joel,

Thanks for the suggestion. So here's what i did.

I went to Tools REference, clicked browse, unchecked MS Windows common
controls-2 6.0 (SP6). Then hit Browse and double cliecked on the MsComct2.ocx
Checked the MS Windows common controls-2 6.0 (SP6) and still reaing SP6.

One thing to note. users dont have write access to their C:\. Is that a
reason maybe why its not updating or could it be the OCX file which is dates
Sept 17 2008 is the incorrect one?

Would appreciate your thoughts on this please.

Thanks
John

"John" wrote:

This comes on the back of a question i asked earlier. Maybe a stupid
question but here go's.

I've discovered that in Tools References that some users have:
Microsoft Windows Common Controls-2 6.0 (SP6)
Microsoft Windows Common Controls 6.0 (SP6)

On my machine i have SP3. I've checked the version on both machines and the
version is SP3. Would this be the reason my Userform crashes and i get the
message ""Object Library Invalid or contains references to object
definitions
that could not be found"

I'm guessing it is but before i launch into a reuqest to get this fixed
wanted to confirm with some of you guys out there that this could well be the
case.

THanks
John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

See microsfot webpage

There is two different libraries. One with a 2 and one without the 2.
Depending on which version on your machine the parameters to the library
functions are different.