Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default autonumber plus

I am keeping track of invoice revisions. .Each new worksheet is copied into
a new workbook. Worksheets are

grouped by worksheet number and renamed as by invoice number using the
following code.:

Public Sub RenameSheet()
NewName = Range("c7").Value & "-" & Range("h4").Value
ActiveSheet.Name = NewName
End Sub

Currently I have users enter a sequential value in h4. Range c7 contains
the invoice number, which must remain the same.

I would like to automate this part. So that it first looks to c7, copies
it, then addes a sequential number in h4, avoiding duplication and starting
with 1.

any help would be most appreciated

--
stan

AutoNumber bijan Excel Programming 4 December 13th 08 05:54 PM
AutoNumber/RecordID Marc Excel Programming 1 September 10th 07 03:48 PM
Excel Autonumber? Trent Argante[_2_] Excel Programming 6 May 11th 07 06:48 PM
autonumber Hardy Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 4 November 24th 05 05:40 PM
Question on autonumber Xenos Excel Programming 5 October 2nd 05 08:14 PM