Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Hardy

Default autonumber

Is there a way of getting a autonumber column to start at a particular value?
eg 950
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Coderre

I'm guessing that you are asking a MS Access question....

If that's true...I think this site has what you're looking for:
http://www.databasedev.co.uk/reset_autonumber.html

Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

"Hardy" wrote:

Is there a way of getting a autonumber column to start at a particular value?
eg 950

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Hardy

No the person wants it in excel (for some strange reason!)

the formula is =IF(A2<"",ROW(B1),"") whish starts the autonumbers at 1 but
they would like it to start at 950?

"Hardy" wrote:

Is there a way of getting a autonumber column to start at a particular value?
eg 950

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roger Govier

Hi

Then just add 949 to the start value.
=IF(A2<"",ROW(B1)+949,"")

Regards

Roger Govier

"Hardy" wrote:

Is there a way of getting a autonumber column to start at a particular value?
eg 950

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Hardy

=IF(A2<"",ROW(B950),"")

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 07:46:30 -0800, "Hardy"
wrote:

=IF(A2<"",ROW(B1),"")