Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Template(s) Question

Hi,
Is it possible to have a workbook of template sheets and add individual
sheets to a new workbook? If so, how would I code it to make it work? I have
six templates (K-5th grade) that are currently in seperate workbooks (.xltm)
and it seems like a waste to have seperate workbooks for each one. Thanks.
Mark
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sure.

But instead of using a template file with 6 different worksheets and then
creating a separate workbook and moving one of the worksheets into that new
workbook, why not just use the workbook template with the 6 sheets and delete
the 5 sheets you don't need?

But maybe I'm not understanding what you're doing????

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That's a great idea, Dave, I never thought about deleting the unnecessary
sheets. What I have are student score sheets for each grade and each school
has access to the template workbooks through a user form. Instead of trying
to maintain six different workbooks, I wanted to just use a single workbook
of six template sheets and allow the teacher to replicate each sheet as
needed during the school year. Right now, each workbook contains three
identical sheets for entering test scores throughout the year.
I really like your idea and I'm going to give it a try.
Thanks again, Dave.
Mark