Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VB password lost

Hi:

Our company lost the password for a excell work book Version 97/2007
microsoft Excell. so in order to use VB the password needs to be unlocked,
We wanted to use a micro for a clear sheet button so micros are password
protected through the VB. meaning that i want to record a micro, when i hit
the button the page will jump to a VB page and ask for a long lost password,
there is no clue to it. there are unlocking VB softwares to buy online, but
i couodn't find a free one, i mean no cost at all, so if u know a free one
post me please,
if can't come up with a solution then we will purchase the good ones from
oline.

thanks alot.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There is no way to retrieve a password with VBA. If you think about it, how
would you get the code in there if you are locked out.

Try this:
http://lastbit.com/vba/

HTH,
Ryan---

--
Ryan---

"Ahmed55" wrote:

Hi:

Our company lost the password for a excell work book Version 97/2007
microsoft Excell. so in order to use VB the password needs to be unlocked,
We wanted to use a micro for a clear sheet button so micros are password
protected through the VB. meaning that i want to record a micro, when i hit
the button the page will jump to a VB page and ask for a long lost password,
there is no clue to it. there are unlocking VB softwares to buy online, but
i couodn't find a free one, i mean no cost at all, so if u know a free one
post me please,
if can't come up with a solution then we will purchase the good ones from
oline.

thanks alot.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Read the contents of the site carefully before you download and use.

http://www.straxx.com/excel/password.html

"Ahmed55" wrote in message

Hi:

Our company lost the password for a excell work book Version 97/2007
microsoft Excell. so in order to use VB the password needs to be unlocked,
We wanted to use a micro for a clear sheet button so micros are password
protected through the VB. meaning that i want to record a micro, when i
hit
the button the page will jump to a VB page and ask for a long lost
password,
there is no clue to it. there are unlocking VB softwares to buy online,
but
i couodn't find a free one, i mean no cost at all, so if u know a free one
post me please,
if can't come up with a solution then we will purchase the good ones from
oline.

thanks alot.

Lost My Password Harry B Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 October 2nd 09 02:09 PM
My Add in Password Lost Thyag Excel Programming 1 May 23rd 07 11:20 AM
Lost password Fabio Excel Programming 6 October 5th 06 11:56 AM
lost password peter Setting up and Configuration of Excel 5 March 12th 06 03:35 AM
Password lost Luke Vogel[_2_] Excel Programming 1 December 28th 04 07:58 AM