Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel 2007 macro recording feature no longer works for inserting p

Excel 2007 macro recording feature no longer works for inserting pictures.
Has anyone ran into this issue? When I attempt to recored a macro when
inserting pictures, nothing is recored in the macro.
--
MikeB
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

yep, you're right, it doesn't work. don't know what kind of work-
around there might be ........... why don't you try searching the
newsgroup for
insert pictures 2007
there must be something on it.
susan

On Aug 11, 1:11*pm, Michael B
wrote:
Excel 2007 macro recording feature no longer works for inserting pictures.. *
Has anyone ran into this issue? *When I attempt to recored a macro when
inserting pictures, nothing is recored in the macro.
--
MikeB

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

try
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...cbda2630ee0f0c
it's on charts but gives a link for differences between '03 & '07.
susan

On Aug 11, 1:11*pm, Michael B
wrote:
Excel 2007 macro recording feature no longer works for inserting pictures.. *
Has anyone ran into this issue? *When I attempt to recored a macro when
inserting pictures, nothing is recored in the macro.
--
MikeB

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Michael B wrote:
Excel 2007 macro recording feature no longer works for inserting pictures.
Has anyone ran into this issue? When I attempt to recored a macro when
inserting pictures, nothing is recored in the macro.

Lots of macro recording things in XL2007 no longer work properly. It is
amazing to me that anyone would be daft enough to pay good money for it.

XL2003 is faster and a *lot* more stable than 2007 SP3.
Maybe SP4 or SP5 will be acceptable - time will tell.

Regards,
Martin Brown
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Mike B -

A possible workaround is to use Excel 2003 or earlier version to record the
macro. Then, if necessary, tweak the code to take advantage of new features
that are documented in Excel 2007 VBA Help. I've used this method
extensively due to the lack of macro recording for Excel 2007 charts.

- Mike

http://www.MikeMiddleton.com