Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default 2002 excel isn't playing well with 2007

I created a pivot table in 2002 excel on a machine linked to a gas
chromatograph. I sometimes have to open this spreadsheet in 2007 excel.
Some days it will update on both machines (2000 OS and a VISTA OS) sometimes
it will not on the older machine, but it will always work in the newer
machine. Any ideas as to why this would do that?

My connection string:
DSN=MS Access
Database;DBQ=SERVER_NAME\THM-VOC\SummaryBasic.mdb;DefaultDir=SERVER_NAME\THM-VOC;DriverId=25;FIL=MS Access;MaxBufferSize=2048;PageTimeout=5;
My command text is:
SELECT CompoundSummary.SampleName, RepHead.Compound,
CompoundSummary.SequenceNumber, CompoundSummary.RT, CompoundSummary.Amount,
CompoundSummary.Area, CompoundSummary.Units, RunHeader.AcqDate,
RunRecords.TimeDate, Compound.CalCmpdNum, CompoundSummary.ISArea,
RepHead.ISCompound, SampleResults.RT, SampleResults.ISRef,
CompoundSummary.ISRT
FROM `server_name\THM-VOC\SummaryBasic`.Compound Compound,
`SERVER_NAME\THM-VOC\SummaryBasic`.CompoundSummary CompoundSummary,
`SERVER_NAME\THM-VOC\SummaryBasic`.QualifierResults QualifierResults,
`SERVER_NAME\THM-VOC\SummaryBasic`.RepHead RepHead,
`SERVER_NAME\THM-VOC\SummaryBasic`.RunHeader RunHeader,
`SERVER_NAME\THM-VOC\SummaryBasic`.RunRecords RunRecords,
`SERVER_NAME\THM-VOC\SummaryBasic`.SampleResults SampleResults
WHERE Compound.CalCmpdNum = SampleResults.CalCmpdNum AND
CompoundSummary.CompoundCreationNum = RepHead.CompoundCreationNum AND
QualifierResults.lCmpdCreationID = Compound.lCmpndCreationNum AND
SampleResults.Compound = RunRecords.Compound AND RepHead.Compound =
RunRecords.Compound

The password is saved.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Pivot Table 2002 excel isn't playing well with 2007

" wrote:

[...]

I apologies if this has been asked before. I did a search and my question
is the only one that comes up now, before nothing did. Does anyone have an
idea on how to fix this yet? Or is this a MS thing?