Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Sam Sam is offline

Default on error resume next

can I user on error resume next for errors due to reference issues?
for e.g., lets say I dont have access installed in my machine and I have to
input data in a userform where "Tools---References--- Microsoft Access 12.0
Object Library" is checked. Can I use "On error resume next" for reference
error and still submit my inputs through userform?
NOTE: here I am not submitting the inputs directly into access, when I click
submit the inputs will be mailed to someone. The access reference is checked
in this userform as, access is used at some point later in the process but
not when I click submit.

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

As far as I'm aware On Error Resume Next won't pcik that error up,
it's a compile error not a runtime error.

Do you really need the reference?

If other people don't have access to it then it's going to interfere
with far more than your code.

It could affect all the code the user has.

Perhaps you should look into using late binding, mind you if the users
don't have Access installed that might not be a solution either.