Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Sum sections of data

I have a multiple groups of data with line breaks between each. I would like
to sum the column and in the output cell, have the SUM equation. I want this
because I may change one of the value and would want it to update
automatically.

7
5
6
6
9
33 (<-output cell)

5
6
2
1
1
0
1
16 (<-output cell)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I'm thinking something like

=SUM(A1:A10)

would do or did you want this with VBA?

"Brian" wrote:

I have a multiple groups of data with line breaks between each. I would like
to sum the column and in the output cell, have the SUM equation. I want this
because I may change one of the value and would want it to update
automatically.

7
5
6
6
9
33 (<-output cell)

5
6
2
1
1
0
1
16 (<-output cell)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Brian wrote:
I have a multiple groups of data with line breaks between each. I would like
to sum the column and in the output cell, have the SUM equation. I want this
because I may change one of the value and would want it to update
automatically.

7
5
6
6
9
33 (<-output cell)

5
6
2
1
1
0
1
16 (<-output cell)

Do these work?

=SUM(A1:A5)
=SUM(A8:A14)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I would want VBA to populate this field. They are not all the same amount of
rows of data. I would like the SUM equation to be inserted in the blank row
right below the data, them move down to next section of data and sum those
(leaving the sum equation in the cell).