Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default swap contents for one workbook with contents from another one

Hello

I am creating a solution in which I need to swap the contents of an existing
workbook with contents from a backup copy. The destination workbook
is in open state before this operation starts. What I am thinking of is to
copy and past of all the worksheets from the backup to the
destination and delete all the original worksheets from the destination, and
then
saving the destination document. Is there a better option? We want to make
the user experience as smooth as possible. Ideally, the view state of the
destination will be preserved as is.

I need to do this for Excel 2003, and 2007. Please let me know what the best
approach would be.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

--Set screen updating to false
--Close the current workbook.
--Create a copy of backup file and save as current file (overwrite)
--Open the file

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Bug Repro" wrote:

Hello

I am creating a solution in which I need to swap the contents of an existing
workbook with contents from a backup copy. The destination workbook
is in open state before this operation starts. What I am thinking of is to
copy and past of all the worksheets from the backup to the
destination and delete all the original worksheets from the destination, and
then
saving the destination document. Is there a better option? We want to make
the user experience as smooth as possible. Ideally, the view state of the
destination will be preserved as is.

I need to do this for Excel 2003, and 2007. Please let me know what the best
approach would be.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Can't you just save the New workbook with the same name as the Old workbook?
If you really want to copy/paste, this is an excellent starting point:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/ado.htm

HTH,
Ryan---

--
Ryan---

"Bug Repro" wrote:

Hello

I am creating a solution in which I need to swap the contents of an existing
workbook with contents from a backup copy. The destination workbook
is in open state before this operation starts. What I am thinking of is to
copy and past of all the worksheets from the backup to the
destination and delete all the original worksheets from the destination, and
then
saving the destination document. Is there a better option? We want to make
the user experience as smooth as possible. Ideally, the view state of the
destination will be preserved as is.

I need to do this for Excel 2003, and 2007. Please let me know what the best
approach would be.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You mentioned that in a reply 1/2 hour after I already posted my initial
response!! Anyway, go to this site:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

Look at the copy/paste/merge examples. I'm sure you can find something in
there that will do what you want to do.

HTH,
Ryan---

--