Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default 2003 to 2007 compatability

Again, I've written vba code controlling forms etc in Excel 2003. I haven't
tried it but I'm assuming it will work on newer versions of Excel. Is this
correct or an I heading into problems when I upgrade Excel.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

VBA has not changed in 2007, except that it has got additional objects which
are not in Office 2003. So your code in 2003 should work in 2007.

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"NDBC" wrote:

Again, I've written vba code controlling forms etc in Excel 2003. I haven't
tried it but I'm assuming it will work on newer versions of Excel. Is this
correct or an I heading into problems when I upgrade Excel.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

i think it's hit and miss. you'll need to test it.

--

Gary Keramidas
Excel 2003

"NDBC" wrote in message
Again, I've written vba code controlling forms etc in Excel 2003. I haven't
tried it but I'm assuming it will work on newer versions of Excel. Is this
correct or an I heading into problems when I upgrade Excel.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Aug 2, 9:31*pm, NDBC wrote:
Again, I've written vba code controlling forms etc in Excel 2003. I haven't
tried it but I'm assuming it will work on newer versions of Excel. Is this
correct or an I heading into problems when I upgrade Excel.

Thanks

NDBC,

You shouldn't experience any issues. I recently upgraded to Office
2007, and so far I haven't experienced any issues with my Office 2003
custom user forms or VBA code. However, my custom menu bar needs to
be tweaked to fit Microsoft's implementation of the XML Ribbon. (I
was expecting a problem to occur with this though, so I wasn't
surprised to see that my custom menu bar wasn't loading quite the
right way).

Best,

Matthew Herbert
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

As far as user forms are concerned; that should work fine. Take a look at
Ron's below articles if you work with shapes or custom menus...

Shapes in Excel 2007
http://www.rondebruin.nl/shape.htm

Ribbon in 2007
http://www.rondebruin.nl/ribbon.htm

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"NDBC" wrote:

Again, I've written vba code controlling forms etc in Excel 2003. I haven't
tried it but I'm assuming it will work on newer versions of Excel. Is this
correct or an I heading into problems when I upgrade Excel.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

NDBC wrote:
Again, I've written vba code controlling forms etc in Excel 2003. I haven't
tried it but I'm assuming it will work on newer versions of Excel. Is this
correct or an I heading into problems when I upgrade Excel.

It is safer to expect that it won't work on XL2007 without at least some
modifications. Very simple VBA code might be OK but anything involving
shapes or charts requires rework before it will behave sensibly.

Previous upgrades since XL97 through to XL2003 have been relatively
painless with a very high degree of forwards compatibility.

XL2007 is gratuitously incompatible in arbitrary ways.

Regards,
Martin Brown
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
CLR CLR is offline

The Company I work for has MANY computers....mostly with older versions of
Excel, so most of my code writing experience has been in the older versions.
Just recently I wrote my first major program completely in XL2003, which runs
fine in XL2003, but it will not run in either XL2000 or XL2007. I ran into
trouble with retrieving a file, and again with the Autofilter......I don't
know how many other incompatibilities there are, so like the fella said,
test, test, TEST.

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3