Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Auto Filter - Custom Auto Filter

The issue I've encountered is that the macro recorder can't be stopped
with the Custom Autofilter Dialog Box open. Is it possible to create a
macro to goto select Custom from the drop down list, and the dialog
box that then appears ?

I must finish the sheet this weekend and cant trust the end users to
use the list without a marco !

many thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

in xl 2003:
Application.Dialogs(xlDialogFilterAdvanced).Show

or with parameters (search help for "Built-In Dialog Box Argument Lists" and
the parameters for this one a
operation, list_ref, criteria_ref, copy_ref, unique)
You can get a clue for what form these can take from looking at the vba help
for the AdvancedFilter Method

Application.Dialogs(xlDialogFilterAdvanced).Show xlFilterCopy,
Range("D6:N16"), , Range( "D22"), True

--
p45cal

"Johnnyboy5" wrote:

The issue I've encountered is that the macro recorder can't be stopped
with the Custom Autofilter Dialog Box open. Is it possible to create a
macro to goto select Custom from the drop down list, and the dialog
box that then appears ?

I must finish the sheet this weekend and cant trust the end users to
use the list without a marco !

many thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Johnnyboy5" wrote:
The issue I've encountered is that the macro recorder can't be stopped
with the Custom Autofilter Dialog Box open. Is it possible to create a
macro to goto select Custom from the drop down list, and *the dialog
box that then appears ?

I must finish the sheet this weekend and cant trust the end users to
use the list without a marco !

many thanks

Thanks, nearly there, but the macro opens "advanced" and I just
need it to open the (Customer...) option Custom Auto filter.

Can you still help me here...

thanks very much for replying in the first place

Johnnyboy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Aha.. well there doesn't seem to be one, hmmph
Perhaps there's anotherway to do the equivalent.. what are you trying to do;
what might the user be entering into the custom autofilter dialogue?
--
p45cal

"Johnnyboy5" wrote:
The issue I've encountered is that the macro recorder can't be stopped
with the Custom Autofilter Dialog Box open. Is it possible to create a
macro to goto select Custom from the drop down list, and the dialog
box that then appears ?

I must finish the sheet this weekend and cant trust the end users to
use the list without a marco !

many thanks

Thanks, nearly there, but the macro opens "advanced" and I just
need it to open the (Customer...) option Custom Auto filter.

Can you still help me here...

thanks very much for replying in the first place

Johnnyboy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Johnnyboy5" wrote:
The issue I've encountered is that the macro recorder can't be stopped
with the Custom Autofilter Dialog Box open. Is it possible to create a
macro to goto select Custom from the drop down list, and *the dialog
box that then appears ?

I must finish the sheet this weekend and cant trust the end users to
use the list without a marco !

many thanks

Thanks, * nearly there, *but the macro opens "advanced" and I just
need it to open the (Customer...) option Custom Auto filter.

Can you still help me here...

thanks very much for replying in the first place

Johnnyboy

Hi

they would be looking for a record number in column A and then just
be able to edit that row without seeing all the other rows (they could
miss a line) also I have put a button on it called ALL so they can
restore the full list at the end of editing the row they needed up
date.

Its for a reablement team and its reocrds of referrals, work done etc.

many thanks for your consideration.

Johnnyboy