Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tim Tim is offline

Default Assign Macro to Ribbon Button

In previous versions of XL I could assign a macro to a toolbar button but
HELP in the 2007 version only mentions an object, graphic, or control.

Is it poss / how do I assign it to a toolbar button.
--
TIA

Tim
XL 2007, SP1
Vista Student SP2
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi tim

If you want to do it for a button on the ribbon you must add RibbonX to the workbook
that create the button and in the onAction tell which macro to run.
See this page for more info
http://www.rondebruin.nl/ribbon.htm

BUT:

You can add abutton to the QAT if you want and assign a macro

Right click on the QAT
Choose Customize QAT
In the Choose commands from dropdown choose Macros
Choose if you want the macro for all documents or only for your workbook in the dropdown next to it
Add your macro to the QAT and change the icon with the modify button

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Tim" wrote in message ...
In previous versions of XL I could assign a macro to a toolbar button but
HELP in the 2007 version only mentions an object, graphic, or control.

Is it poss / how do I assign it to a toolbar button.
--
TIA

Tim
XL 2007, SP1
Vista Student SP2

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tim Tim is offline

Thanks Ron. It worked fine when the workbook was open but the button
disappeared after closing & reopening, even though I saved it first.

Can it stay on the QAT permanently

--
TIA

Tim

"Tim" wrote in message ...
In previous versions of XL I could assign a macro to a toolbar button but
HELP in the 2007 version only mentions an object, graphic, or control.

Is it poss / how do I assign it to a toolbar button.
--
TIA

Tim
XL 2007, SP1
Vista Student SP2

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Tim

I see your problem now
Will test more this evening and get back to you

I asume that you choose for the workbook only and not for all documents

--

"Tim" wrote in message ...
In previous versions of XL I could assign a macro to a toolbar button but
HELP in the 2007 version only mentions an object, graphic, or control.

Is it poss / how do I assign it to a toolbar button.
--
TIA

Tim
XL 2007, SP1
Vista Student SP2

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Tim

Working OK in 2010 but not in 2007 SP2

I go test this in SP1 this evening and let you know

--

"Tim" wrote in message ...
In previous versions of XL I could assign a macro to a toolbar button but
HELP in the 2007 version only mentions an object, graphic, or control.

Is it poss / how do I assign it to a toolbar button.
--
TIA

Tim
XL 2007, SP1
Vista Student SP2

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ok, I think we have another SP2 bug here

Working ok on a 2007 machine with now SP and Ok in 2010

I go report this to MS

--

"Tim" wrote in message ...
In previous versions of XL I could assign a macro to a toolbar button but
HELP in the 2007 version only mentions an object, graphic, or control.

Is it poss / how do I assign it to a toolbar button.
--
TIA

Tim
XL 2007, SP1
Vista Student SP2

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tim Tim is offline

Ron

Thanks for checking - I'll use a control in the sheet instead

Tim