Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tim Tim is offline

Default Assign Macro to Ribbon Button

Thanks Ron. It worked fine when the workbook was open but the button
disappeared after closing & reopening, even though I saved it first.

Can it stay on the QAT permanently

--
TIA

Tim

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Hi tim

If you want to do it for a button on the ribbon you must add RibbonX to the workbook
that create the button and in the onAction tell which macro to run.
See this page for more info
http://www.rondebruin.nl/ribbon.htm

BUT:

You can add abutton to the QAT if you want and assign a macro

Right click on the QAT
Choose Customize QAT
In the Choose commands from dropdown choose Macros
Choose if you want the macro for all documents or only for your workbook in the dropdown next to it
Add your macro to the QAT and change the icon with the modify button

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Tim" wrote in message ...
In previous versions of XL I could assign a macro to a toolbar button but
HELP in the 2007 version only mentions an object, graphic, or control.

Is it poss / how do I assign it to a toolbar button.
--
TIA

Tim
XL 2007, SP1