Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default just curious Xlpart xlWhole

In .find the xlPart has a value of 2, xlWhole is 1. What do those mean?
Anything? What if you start with a const xlPart=3 or something?

John
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you do a manual Find, you'll see (under the options button) an option to
"Match entire cell contents".

The xlwhole is the same as checking this box. xlpart is like leaving it
unchecked.

VBA has a bunch of constants that are used instead of their numeric value (you
can't change these--they're built into the language).

If you use the constants, it makes the code much more readable/maintainable.

..cells.find(what:="something",lookat:=2, ...
is much more obtuse (for me anyway) than
..cells.find(what:="something",lookat:=xlPart, ...

If you know what this does:
application.dialogs(64)
Then you've got a pretty good memory!

But I bet you can figure out what this means pretty easily:
Application.Dialogs(xlDialogFormulaFind).Show

--

Dave Peterson