Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Save Excel 2003 in Excel 2007

Hi Guys,

I have an Excel 2003 workbook which is to be kept at 2003.
Some users have Excel 2007 and when they come to save it, they have to
respond to a message about the versions.

How can I close and save the workbook programmatically from a computer
running Excel 2007 ensuring that it is saved in Excel 2003 format?

Many thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Guys,

Sorry I didn't really make it clear.

I'm talking about saving the changes when closing the workbook
programmatically - "Thisworkbook.close Savechanges:=True"

Many thanks.

"Libby" wrote:

Hi Guys,

I have an Excel 2003 workbook which is to be kept at 2003.
Some users have Excel 2007 and when they come to save it, they have to
respond to a message about the versions.

How can I close and save the workbook programmatically from a computer
running Excel 2007 ensuring that it is saved in Excel 2003 format?

Many thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Libby
If its an .xls then your line below will work fine. The only issue you
may have is the compatibility checker flagging up potential concerns.

If you need to saveas then you will need to specify the file type
(xlExcel8 - 56)

Cheers
Simon
Excel development website: www.codematic.net