Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2007 crashes when perform SAVE AS to Excel 97-2003

For some reasons, I cannot perform SAVE AS to Excel 97-2003 format whenever I
copy a worksheet that contains pie charts with data to a new workbook. First
off, the file was created in Excel 2003. I open the file in Excel 2007 and
just wanted to copy a worksheet with pie charts to a new workbook in Excel
97-2003 format. I use the right-click method on the worksheet tab and select
Move or Copy, then I select New Book and click the Copy box, and then click
OK. It copied to a new workbook, but as soon as I select SAVE AS Excel
97-2003, the application crashes. This only happens with Pie Charts (3D).
I'm able to copy bar charts as well as data to new workbook w/o problems.

Any suggestions on how I can copy a worksheet that contains 3D Pie Charts
and data to a new workbook and be able to save it in Excel 97-2003 format? I
have other users who are using Excl 2003 so I need to save it in older
versions.

Thank you in advance.