Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How do I attach a document along a column?

Why not create a hyperlink to the document?

ae030;425141 Wrote:
I have written a code where a user can enter text onto textboxes and
these will be written on a respective row, below is an example.

Name Location Email Document

John Doe Houston Document1.doc

So the problem I'm having is attaching documents in column 4 (in this
example Row2 Column4), I just want a simple icon, or anything really
that makes this work, to show up in that cell and then have a user just
be able to double click it and launch the document.

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,
Simon Lloyd
'The Code Cage' (
http://www.thecodecage.com)
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=118182

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Simon Lloyd;425258 Wrote:
Why not create a hyperlink to the document?

heh heh, that's very clever. The reason why I can't do that is because
others besides the originator will be using it. How can they access a
file that's within my hard drive?

--
ae030
ae030's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=541

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

file that's within my hard drive?well i probably got the drift that that is what you wanted as you saidae030 Wrote:
I just want a simple icon, or anything really that makes this work, to
show up in that cell and then have a user just be able to double click
it and launch the document.it seemed to me that you do want them to open the document, a hyperlink

does this, if thats not what you want can you explain a little further
what you are trying to do?

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,
Simon Lloyd
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=118182

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Simon Lloyd;425283 Wrote:
well i probably got the drift that that is what you wanted as you saidit
seemed to me that you do want them to open the document, a hyperlink
does this, if thats not what you want can you explain a little further
what you are trying to do?

I want them to be able to open the document. I think if I used a
hyperlink the user of this would not be able to open the document as it
would be linked to a document on my hard drive, which they will not have
access to. Also, the document that will be attached might change
locations from where it is initially located.

--
ae030
ae030's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=541
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=118182

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

ae030;425289 Wrote:
I want them to be able to open the document. I think if I used a
hyperlink the user of this would not be able to open the document as it
would be linked to a document on my hard drive, which they will not have
access to. Also, the document that will be attached might change
locations from where it is initially located.
--- Automerged consecutive post before response ---
I tried using an OLE Object, but I was unable to link it to a cell.Create a hyperlink to the attached document, im assuming you are sending

a document that will be saved on the users pc, and if the document is
going to change locations there's no way of tracking that.

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,
Simon Lloyd