Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Using Worksheet Objects from PERSONAL.xls

I would like to run a few worksheet events (activate/deactivate, change) from
my PERSONAL.xls file. The only reason I want to do this is so I don't have to
insert macros in these files that are stored on a shared network.

I know how to run the macros from the file itself, but can I do it remotely
from PERSONAL.xls?

My basic purpose for this macro is to have a running total of stuff so I
don't have to go back to a certain sheet that gives me this information. It's
more of a convenience macro than anything else.

Thanks in advance.
--
I am running on Office 2003, unless otherwise stated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There are application events that you can monitor from any workbook:

You can read more about application events at Chip Pearson's site:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/AppEvent.aspx

Be aware that you're gonna see those events from every workbook. You may want
to check to see if your code should continue (sheet name or workbook name or
combination???).

Orion Cochrane wrote:

I would like to run a few worksheet events (activate/deactivate, change) from
my PERSONAL.xls file. The only reason I want to do this is so I don't have to
insert macros in these files that are stored on a shared network.

I know how to run the macros from the file itself, but can I do it remotely
from PERSONAL.xls?

My basic purpose for this macro is to have a running total of stuff so I
don't have to go back to a certain sheet that gives me this information. It's
more of a convenience macro than anything else.

Thanks in advance.
--
I am running on Office 2003, unless otherwise stated.

--

Dave Peterson