Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
dan dan is offline

Default Launch msn messenger box by clicking on a name in excel? Help! Urg

Hi all,

I have a question that i've yet to be able to find the answer to. I work in
the entertainment industry and we have a large upcoming show where we have
50+ people that are allocated to various places around a convention center.

There is one central hub where information will go out to various people via
msn messenger at different times. I've set up a spreadsheet (in excel 07) on
where everyone will be at what times and what they are in charge of, but i'm
wondering if its possible to do programming so if there's a message that
needs to go out to a certain person, the person sitting at the central hub
location can simply look up on the spreadsheet who is there, click on the
box(or do some kind of action), and it will automatically open up a msn
window addressed to that person and they can type the message (this would be
assuming msn messenger is up and running and all names have been added so it
would be just like double clicking a name in msn messenger and a box opening
up).

Does anyone out there have the knowhow to do somethinglike that? is it
possible?

Of course there's always the old-school way of just looking up the name on
msn and typing it but i'm trying to make this as seamless as possible since
there will be a lot of information flowing out.

I really appreciate it if anyone could help me with this! Unfortunately i'm
waiting until the last second as I'll need to get this out to people by
Tuesday!

Thanks a lot in advance for the advice!