Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel Instant Messenger

Hi All,

I had the idea that if I created two different wkbks with one listbox each,
I could create an "Instant Messenger" of sorts. Each workbook is stored in a
folder on a shared drive. The two files are named User_1 and User_2, and
whomever wants to "IM" (only 2) creates a shortcut to their respective
desktops of just one of the files, and the other user of course uses the
other file.

When I have both workbooks open on my desktop, it works fine. However, when
in actual use by two different users I get a subscript out of range message.
I can kind of see the reason for the message, but can't figure out what to do
about it.

Here's what I have from "User_1":

ListBox1.AddItem (txt1)
Workbooks("User_2.xls").Worksheets("sheet1").ListB ox1.AddItem (txt1)

I saw a lot of Q&A's about 'Open', and even tried a couple but both
workbooks are open.

Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.