Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Circular ref

Hi Group,

This may not be related to the code in the file, but I am being told that I
have a circular ref and Excel indicates the cell.

Even if I delete the contents of the cell, it is still indicated as a
circular ref.

Anybody else experience this?

Thanks,
David
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It means you have formulas that make two or more cells interdependent upon
each other and Excel cannot resolve the conflict. e.f. Cell D1: =a1+b1
Cell D2: =a1 + d1 creates a circular reference to cell D1 because cell d1

also depends on cell a1
for its solution. Excel does not know how to resolve the interdependency.
Nor do I.

"David" wrote in message
Hi Group,

This may not be related to the code in the file, but I am being told that
have a circular ref and Excel indicates the cell.

Even if I delete the contents of the cell, it is still indicated as a
circular ref.

Anybody else experience this?

Thanks,
David

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

Like I said, it indicates the cell ref, but even if the contents of the cell
are deleted the message continues. If I trace both dependants and precedents
it finds nothing, especially if the contents are deleted.

I am starting to wonder if something has been corrupted. I now have another
problem.

An array formula
{=SUM(IF($A$29:$A$112=$D$123,IF($D$29:$D$112=$D$11 7,G29:G112,0),0))} works
well in one cell, but when I copy it over one cell to the right it fails,

(=SUM(IF($A$29:$A$112=$D$123,IF($D$29:$D$112=$D$11 7,H29:H112,0),0)))

The only difference is the column that is summed - compare
G29:G112 to H29:H112
Initially I get the same result as is in the cell copied from, then after
F2, Ctrl+Shift+Enter it goes to zero. There is data in Column H. I am hoping
I do not need to reload Excel. Seems to work fine when applied to column G
and the result is as expected.

Thanks,
David

"David" wrote in message
Hi Group,

This may not be related to the code in the file, but I am being told that
have a circular ref and Excel indicates the cell.

Even if I delete the contents of the cell, it is still indicated as a
circular ref.

Anybody else experience this?

Thanks,
David

Circular or semi-circular chart DKS Charts and Charting in Excel 3 November 3rd 09 01:50 PM
Circular Margo Excel Worksheet Functions 7 November 4th 07 12:15 AM
Need help with Circular (?) Eva Excel Worksheet Functions 3 September 7th 07 11:00 PM
Circular? Dean[_8_] Excel Programming 8 April 27th 06 04:03 AM
Circular:G4? WTG Excel Worksheet Functions 4 April 20th 06 07:49 PM