Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel Combo box & Autonumbering

Hi! I need help with two excel questions. I'm just starting to use excel
macros and such, and right now I need to create a combobox that will "fill as
I type", so that I can input the first letters of the data and it will filter
through all 2,000 to just those that start with those letter.

For Example: I have my "database" on one worksheet called "data" on excel,
and on another sheet I need to create these comboboxes that will use the
"data" as it's database, but as I start typing--- let's say POL, it will show
on a dropdown list all of my vendors who's 1st three letters are POL. Is this
possible? Do I need macros for this? Could anyone help my with the VBA code I
might need for this?

#2) I need to create an autonumber sequence for a "receipt" type of excel
document, so that everytime I print/save the document, it will add 1 to the
sequence number set on a specific cell?

*** Access is not allowed @ work, which is why I have to do this on Excel.

Please I would appreciate any help any one can provide.

Thank you!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

Hello there

I would rather use the validation from the data menu in Microsoft Excel
which allows you to create a combo-box rather to create a combo with VBA. If
you have a lot of code written which filters automatically the entries this
will be very slow. Better it is to sort the data for the combo-box and if
you type it will jump automatically to the letter but you still have all
entries in the combo-box. Try first with the validation from the Data menu
and if this is not enough please answer.

Range("A1").Value = Range("A1").Value + 1
End Sub

You can change the cell "A1" to any desired cell.

Kind regards,
------------------------------------
Alex
www.excelspezialist.ch
------------------------------------

"CordoK83" <u53301@uwe schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:992481aecc8ab@uwe...
Hi! I need help with two excel questions. I'm just starting to use excel
macros and such, and right now I need to create a combobox that will "fill
as
I type", so that I can input the first letters of the data and it will
filter
through all 2,000 to just those that start with those letter.

For Example: I have my "database" on one worksheet called "data" on excel,
and on another sheet I need to create these comboboxes that will use the
"data" as it's database, but as I start typing--- let's say POL, it will
show
on a dropdown list all of my vendors who's 1st three letters are POL. Is
this
possible? Do I need macros for this? Could anyone help my with the VBA
code I
might need for this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Alex!

Thank you for your help. These 2 are actually different files, so I wouldn't
be using them simultaneously. The problem with Data Validation is that I have
about 2000 items in my data base -- these will increase almost weekly, thus
using Data Validation hasn't been working for me at the moment, as I still
have to look through many items to choose from them.

Is there any other way to apply the "find as you type" property to the drop
down menu?

I used the code you sent for the counter, and it worked wonderfully,

Thank you!

~~ Kolia

Hello there

Range("A1").Value = Range("A1").Value + 1
End Sub

You can change the cell "A1" to any desired cell.

Kind regards,
Alex
www.excelspezialist.ch

Hi! I need help with two excel questions. I'm just starting to use excel
macros and such, and right now I need to create a combobox that will "fill

[quoted text clipped - 23 lines]

Thank you!!!