Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Using VBA to send out mail via gmail

Hello,

I need to create a macro to email the contacts for our company. Currently,
we have a gmail account which has been configured in Outlook.

Now gmail has a limit of 500 emails a day. My boss was to send out 1500. I
have searched the web and see google's response is create multiple accounts.

Question:

How would I program a macro to use multiple email accounts? I've created
macros to email items before. But not sure how to write an email macro to
use multiple accounts.

I know I will create 10 more gmail accounts. I know to configure all of
them in Outlook. But how to program the macro so that it does a "Round
Robin"? Send the first 500 contacts with this account, the next 500 contacts
with account 2 and so on.

Tony
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I think this will do what you want:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder2/files.htm

HTH,
Ryan---

--
Ryan---

"Webtechie" wrote:

Hello,

I need to create a macro to email the contacts for our company. Currently,
we have a gmail account which has been configured in Outlook.

Now gmail has a limit of 500 emails a day. My boss was to send out 1500. I
have searched the web and see google's response is create multiple accounts.

Question:

How would I program a macro to use multiple email accounts? I've created
macros to email items before. But not sure how to write an email macro to
use multiple accounts.

I know I will create 10 more gmail accounts. I know to configure all of
them in Outlook. But how to program the macro so that it does a "Round
Robin"? Send the first 500 contacts with this account, the next 500 contacts
with account 2 and so on.

Tony

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ryan,

Good to know mail code tips. But it did not say anything about changing the
from address when sending out to cells in a certain range.

The one range code was how to select a range and send mail (1 address). I
will need to take a range and make it come from one "From Address", take the
next range and make it come from the next "From Address" (acct. #2).

Thanks

Tony

"Webtechie" wrote:

Hello,

I need to create a macro to email the contacts for our company. Currently,
we have a gmail account which has been configured in Outlook.

Now gmail has a limit of 500 emails a day. My boss was to send out 1500. I
have searched the web and see google's response is create multiple accounts.

Question:

How would I program a macro to use multiple email accounts? I've created
macros to email items before. But not sure how to write an email macro to
use multiple accounts.

I know I will create 10 more gmail accounts. I know to configure all of
them in Outlook. But how to program the macro so that it does a "Round
Robin"? Send the first 500 contacts with this account, the next 500 contacts
with account 2 and so on.

Tony

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

See the Tips page

Change sender name and reply address

If you want to change the sender name and reply address add this code line

'The receiver can see the original mail address in the properties if he want
.SentOnBehalfOfName = """SenderName"" "

Change Account (only Excel/Outlook 2007)

Use the Account you want in mail macro in Excel/Outlook 2007
http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/account.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Webtechie" wrote:

Hello,

I need to create a macro to email the contacts for our company. Currently,
we have a gmail account which has been configured in Outlook.

Now gmail has a limit of 500 emails a day. My boss was to send out 1500. I
have searched the web and see google's response is create multiple accounts.

Question:

How would I program a macro to use multiple email accounts? I've created
macros to email items before. But not sure how to write an email macro to
use multiple accounts.

I know I will create 10 more gmail accounts. I know to configure all of
them in Outlook. But how to program the macro so that it does a "Round
Robin"? Send the first 500 contacts with this account, the next 500 contacts
with account 2 and so on.

Tony

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tony,

Maybe try a code on the same site but this URL:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/cdo.htm
There is a code that connects to gmail smtp server and sends emails
from the account you connect to on the fly.
You can adjust your code - introduce some counter variable and
whenever the counter reaches 500 - make the code switch the account
it's connecting to.

That should do the trick.
A.

"Webtechie" wrote:

Hello,

I need to create a macro to email the contacts for our company. *Currently,
we have a gmail account which has been configured in Outlook.

Now gmail has a limit of 500 emails a day. *My boss was to send out 1500. *I
have searched the web and see google's response is create multiple accounts.

Question:

How would I program a macro to use multiple email accounts? *I've created
macros to email items before. *But not sure how to write an email macro to
use multiple accounts. *

I know I will create 10 more gmail accounts. *I know to configure all of
them in Outlook. *But how to program the macro so that it does a "Round
Robin"? *Send the first 500 contacts with this account, the next 500 contacts
with account 2 and so on.

Tony- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ron,

Thanks. I see from your example that I can change the account.

Tony

p.s. You and your examples pages are a great help!