Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default A program is trying to send mail using Item.Send

I've written a few macros for sending e-mail via Outlook from an Excel VBA.
Every time it runs, I get a popup asking if I mean to be using Outlook and to
click on "Yes" if I am.

Since the process is being automated for others, my supervisor wanted to
know if it was possible to get around that query.

The Help option indicates that this a security measure that I cannot (and if
I could, should not) disable.

<emA program is trying to automatically send an e-mail message using a
Microsoft Visual Basic Application (VBA) command, Item.Send, from within
Microsoft Outlook. If you want this program to send this message, click Yes.
</em

Am I correct that I can't change the security settings to allow the sending
of mail without this protection?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

David Gerstman wrote:
I've written a few macros for sending e-mail via Outlook from an Excel VBA.
Every time it runs, I get a popup asking if I mean to be using Outlook and to
click on "Yes" if I am.

Since the process is being automated for others, my supervisor wanted to
know if it was possible to get around that query.

The Help option indicates that this a security measure that I cannot (and if
I could, should not) disable.

<emA program is trying to automatically send an e-mail message using a
Microsoft Visual Basic Application (VBA) command, Item.Send, from within
Microsoft Outlook. If you want this program to send this message, click Yes.
</em

Am I correct that I can't change the security settings to allow the sending
of mail without this protection?

there is a way, but it may not be easy for your macro to implement.
google "outlook redemption"

Bob
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It also might not be tactics that the computer security people would approve
of either. :-)

Thanks,
David

"Bob O`Bob" wrote:

there is a way, but it may not be easy for your macro to implement.
google "outlook redemption"

Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

David Gerstman wrote:
It also might not be tactics that the computer security people would approve
of either. :-)

Exactly. In order to make it scriptable, you would essentially have to install
a "back door" of your own. Security people tend not to be favorably impressed.

Bob
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can try CDO
http://www.rondebruin.nl/cdo.htm