Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
sgl sgl is offline

Default Not saving as xls file

Hi all,

I am using Excel 2003 with Vista.

I have an Import/Export routine creating and saving data in a new workbook.
The New WkBk is being "SaveAs, xlNormal". The problem I have is that it is
being saved in a non recognisable format and I am requested to chose a
program to view it with.

In the File Open form I cannot see the file until I activate Files of Type
All Files. When I change the extension to ".xls" I can view the file in the
File Open and can open the file in Excel. It is saved as an Excel file. .

Has anyone come across such a problem? Have I inadvertantly triggered
something in my code?

Many thanks/sgl
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

please show the code
if the workbook is assignt to WB ( a workbook object)

then your code should be
WB.SaveAs sFileName

where sFilename contains the name as text excluding the ".xls"