Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Compare two Ecxel Sheet

Hi,

I would like to have a macro that will compare the contents of two excels
and return the difference in terms of red colors in the target excel.

Thanks in advance,
Santanu
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

We need some more information.

Do your want to compare two sheets in same workbook or maybe multiple sheets
in two workbooks?

How are your data layout, ie which columns and rows needs to be compared. Do
you want to compare cell by cell or row by row.

Shall only a single cell be highligheted, or maybe the entire column.

Regards,
Per

"compare xl" <compare skrev i meddelelsen

I would like to have a macro that will compare the contents of two excels
and return the difference in terms of red colors in the target excel.

Thanks in advance,
Santanu

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

More information would be helpful. This MAY do what you want:
Sub Compare2Shts()
For Each Cell In Worksheets("Sheet1").UsedRange
If Cell.Value < Worksheets("Sheet2").Range(Cell.Address) Then
Cell.Interior.ColorIndex = 3
End If
Next

For Each Cell In Worksheets("Sheet2").UsedRange
If Cell.Value < Worksheets("Sheet1").Range(Cell.Address) Then
Cell.Interior.ColorIndex = 3
End If
Next

Ryan---

"Per Jessen" wrote:

Hi

We need some more information.

Do your want to compare two sheets in same workbook or maybe multiple sheets
in two workbooks?

How are your data layout, ie which columns and rows needs to be compared. Do
you want to compare cell by cell or row by row.

Shall only a single cell be highligheted, or maybe the entire column.

Regards,
Per

"compare xl" <compare skrev i meddelelsen

I would like to have a macro that will compare the contents of two excels
and return the difference in terms of red colors in the target excel.

Thanks in advance,
Santanu

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Jessen,

I have two excel sheets. I would like the macro to compare all the
worksheets in the XL files cell wise and written the difference in the latter
file.

Let me know if you need more details.

Thanks
Santanu

"Per Jessen" wrote:

Hi

We need some more information.

Do your want to compare two sheets in same workbook or maybe multiple sheets
in two workbooks?

How are your data layout, ie which columns and rows needs to be compared. Do
you want to compare cell by cell or row by row.

Shall only a single cell be highligheted, or maybe the entire column.

Regards,
Per

"compare xl" <compare skrev i meddelelsen

I would like to have a macro that will compare the contents of two excels
and return the difference in terms of red colors in the target excel.

Thanks in advance,
Santanu

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello Sir,

It's really working for my process, can u help me more on this.
Let me explain the 2 scenario,

1-- If any row or column got inserted ?
2-- Same for delete ?

So, on the above scenario's the code should highlight in different colour.

This will reduce atleast 1 hc in my process.

Thanks for the understanding

Best Regards,

MC Saravanan
+91-98409-22085