Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default projects left open in vba after closing workbook

i know i've seen this before and actually fixed it before, but i can't
remember what causes it.

the workbook i write the code in opens and closes other workbooks but the
closed workbooks are still listed in the project explorer window after
they're closed.

can anyone refresh my memory as to why?

--

Gary Keramidas
Excel 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jon Peltier believes the effect is linked to certain third party VSTO
addins. If you have any of those see if temporarily uninstalling them makes
a difference.

Regards,
Peter T

"Gary Keramidas" <GKeramidasAtMSN.com wrote in message
i know i've seen this before and actually fixed it before, but i can't
remember what causes it.

the workbook i write the code in opens and closes other workbooks but the
closed workbooks are still listed in the project explorer window after
they're closed.

can anyone refresh my memory as to why?

--

Gary Keramidas
Excel 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I am having the same problem, but I do not know how to recognise a third
party VSTO or how to uninstall it. Could you point me to the right menus in
Excel to do this?
Thanks
John

"Peter T" wrote:

Jon Peltier believes the effect is linked to certain third party VSTO
addins. If you have any of those see if temporarily uninstalling them makes
a difference.

Regards,
Peter T

"Gary Keramidas" <GKeramidasAtMSN.com wrote in message
i know i've seen this before and actually fixed it before, but i can't
remember what causes it.

the workbook i write the code in opens and closes other workbooks but the
closed workbooks are still listed in the project explorer window after
they're closed.

can anyone refresh my memory as to why?

--

Gary Keramidas
Excel 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you're not sure how to find such an addin chances are you don't have any.
In 2003 or earlier look in Tools, ComAddins. If the Com Addins button isn't
there, customize toolbars, Commands, select Tools in the left and find the
button in the right list.

I mentioned Jon Peltier's conclusion as others have confirmed similar.
However such addins were never the issue for me but I never did track down
the cause. From another recent thread it seemed like failure to reset events
was related, though I couldn't replicate.

FWIW, phantoms projects appear concerning but I think quite harmless!

Regards,
Peter T