Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Fonts

I have "Arial" numbers in C2:C2000 and "MS Reference Special"
fractions:1/4,1/2,or 3/4 (these fractions are represented entirely vertically
in "MS Reference Special" with a horizontal dividing line) in D2:D2000. I
would like to concatenate these values in E2:E2000 retaining the individual
formatting. If it's possible with a worksheet formula fine; but I would also
like to be able to do this with a sub procedure if possible. Any ideas or
solutions more than welcome.

--
Gregg
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try the below macro..with the default font (Arial) in ColE

Sub Macro2()
Dim lngRow As Long, lngLastRow As Long
lngLastRow = ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.Count, "C").End(xlUp).Row
For lngRow = 1 To lngLastRow
Range("E" & lngRow) = Range("C" & lngRow) & Range("D" & lngRow)
With Range("E" & lngRow).Characters(Start:=Len(Range("C" & lngRow)) + 1, _
Length:=Len(Range("D" & lngRow))).Font
..Name = "MS Reference Specialty"
..FontStyle = "Regular"
..Size = 10
End With
Next
End Sub

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Gregg" wrote:

I have "Arial" numbers in C2:C2000 and "MS Reference Special"
fractions:1/4,1/2,or 3/4 (these fractions are represented entirely vertically
in "MS Reference Special" with a horizontal dividing line) in D2:D2000. I
would like to concatenate these values in E2:E2000 retaining the individual
formatting. If it's possible with a worksheet formula fine; but I would also
like to be able to do this with a sub procedure if possible. Any ideas or
solutions more than welcome.

--
Gregg

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

the upside is you've solved my problem. the downside is you did it so
quickly that
I feel quite a bit more useless than I did while posting the question, but
at least now maybe I'll be able to pick something up by "F8" ing through your
code.
Thanks a lot

Gregg