Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default how to zoom into excel line chart with about 2000 point tia sal22

Greetings all

I'm using excel 2003 and have a line chart with over 2000 points how
can I zoom into just a section on the line chart graph? Is this
possible?

tia sal22
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you only want to show a section of the chart you can double click on the x
axis at the bottom click the scale tab and choose the minimum and maximum
values you need to look at. This will only show the section of the graph
between these two values.

"Rick T" wrote:

Greetings all

I'm using excel 2003 and have a line chart with over 2000 points how
can I zoom into just a section on the line chart graph? Is this
possible?

tia sal22

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Let's suppose you have data laid out like this

X-axis Data
AAA 3
ABA 2
DCD 4
BBB 1

add a column to the left or right of your data with any title, lets say
Filter. Enter 1 below the titles and 2 on the 3rd line. Highlight the 1 and
2 and drag the fill handle down.

Apply a filter to your range - Data, Filter, AutoFilter

Open the filter on the new column and choose Custom, from the first dropdown
choose is greater than or equal to and enter the lower value of the range you
want to zoom in on, in the second drop down pick is less than or equal to and
enter the upper limit you want to see.

By default charts display only visible cells.

You may not need a dummy column depending on whether your data is already
sorted.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire