Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default A macro that will break a link to another workbood

Under certain circumstances, when I save a particular file I've worked
on for the last several years, I receive a message stating there is a
link to other workbooks when it is opened or saved from a computer
other than my primary computer. The link has be severed for about 3
years and Excel cannot locate the link. Is there a macro that will
truly sever this tie to the point I am no longer prompted? Also, I do
have one valid link I want to be careful not to break with a macro
that might otherwise break all links without discretion.

I'm grateful to anyone with a macro or better idea.

Michael
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Michael

If the file says there is a link - unfortunately there is. It could
be in a chart, a name or simply a formula.

There is information out there.

Named - FindLink.zip - top file.
http://www.bmsltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm

It is an addin that will find links and gives you the choice of
leaving them there or gettting rid of them. So it should fit your
bill. Good luck with it.

Take care

Marcus
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Markus for your help. I'll soon be giving it a try.

Michael