Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default autofilter

Howdie all.
I'm using an auto filter that I received from here a last year and I want to
modify it to extract a name from a worksheet, and then set a filter criteria
from that worksheet's name.

I.e.,

fname = ActiveSheet.Name
fname = Right(fname, 7)
mv2 = fname

If LCase(fname) Like "????" Then 'not sure what to do here for my test.

Sheets(wks.Name).Range("A15:g15").AutoFilter field:=2,
Criteria1:=mv2 'this is to take into account the claim number
End If

The other elements oy my filter work great.
My worksheet- wks.Name- has a column with 3 to 7 digit values.
I need to compare the name of the fname to the values in that column--
field:=2

Any ideas on how I could do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default autofilter-addendum 1

Ok,
I've made some modifications, and it's now setting the text filter, instead
of the select list.
Even though all the correct elements are selected, it's not showing any
selections.

I've had something like this happen before, but it was calling to something
else-- which I later found and fixed.

Is there any way I can force a selection from the list below the Text Filters?

Thank you again for your helps.
Best.

"Steve" wrote:

Howdie all.
I'm using an auto filter that I received from here a last year and I want to
modify it to extract a name from a worksheet, and then set a filter criteria
from that worksheet's name.

I.e.,

fname = ActiveSheet.Name
fname = Right(fname, 7)
mv2 = fname

If LCase(fname) Like "????" Then 'not sure what to do here for my test.

Sheets(wks.Name).Range("A15:g15").AutoFilter field:=2,
Criteria1:=mv2 'this is to take into account the claim number
End If

The other elements oy my filter work great.
My worksheet- wks.Name- has a column with 3 to 7 digit values.
I need to compare the name of the fname to the values in that column--
field:=2

Any ideas on how I could do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default autofilter-addendum 2

Ok, for further clarification.

It appears that I need a way to control the text filter options. I'm
perusing the help file, and google on this and do not see anything that's
real clear on how I'd accomplish this. In fact, I find very little at all.

Thus, your helps would be appreciated.