Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Steve Steve is offline

Default autofilter

Howdie all.
I'm using an auto filter that I received from here a last year and I want to
modify it to extract a name from a worksheet, and then set a filter criteria
from that worksheet's name.

I.e.,

fname = ActiveSheet.Name
fname = Right(fname, 7)
mv2 = fname

If LCase(fname) Like "????" Then 'not sure what to do here for my test.

Sheets(wks.Name).Range("A15:g15").AutoFilter field:=2,
Criteria1:=mv2 'this is to take into account the claim number
End If

The other elements oy my filter work great.
My worksheet- wks.Name- has a column with 3 to 7 digit values.
I need to compare the name of the fname to the values in that column--
field:=2

Any ideas on how I could do this?