Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default copying down the formula just for data

Hello:

I'm going to program a macro in Excel 2003 that will copy the results an If,
Then statement straight down the column. The statement is based on data in
the column to the left.

Anyway, I just want to copy the results down the column for data that is in
the column to the left. I don't want every cell in the If, Then column to be
filled. Otherwise, call 65k and so forth down the spreadsheet gets filled in.

Is there a formula or keystroke that I can use and that the macro will
utilize, without having to do VBA programming?

Thanks!

childofthe1980s
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That's exactly what I needed, Mike! Thank you! I apologize, for the
confusion!

childofthe1980s

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

Your question is confusing, you start with

I'm going to program a macro in Excel 2003

and end with

Is there a formula or keystroke that I can use and that the macro will
utilize, without having to do VBA programming?

So lets try without a macro and you can ask a follow up question if necessary.

If you select the cell with the formula you will notice a box on the bottom
right of the cell. Double click this box and the formula will fill down as
far as there are data in the adjacent column.

Mike

"childofthe1980s" wrote:

Hello:

I'm going to program a macro in Excel 2003 that will copy the results an If,
Then statement straight down the column. The statement is based on data in
the column to the left.

Anyway, I just want to copy the results down the column for data that is in
the column to the left. I don't want every cell in the If, Then column to be
filled. Otherwise, call 65k and so forth down the spreadsheet gets filled in.

Is there a formula or keystroke that I can use and that the macro will
utilize, without having to do VBA programming?

Thanks!

childofthe1980s

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

To find the last filled row in a column

the below returns last filled row in ColA.
lngLastRow = ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"childofthe1980s" wrote:

Hello:

I'm going to program a macro in Excel 2003 that will copy the results an If,
Then statement straight down the column. The statement is based on data in
the column to the left.

Anyway, I just want to copy the results down the column for data that is in
the column to the left. I don't want every cell in the If, Then column to be
filled. Otherwise, call 65k and so forth down the spreadsheet gets filled in.

Is there a formula or keystroke that I can use and that the macro will
utilize, without having to do VBA programming?

Thanks!

childofthe1980s

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Well, although I appreciate the help, Mike H.'s suggestion was actualy what I
needed. It's nice and neat, and I don't have to do any programming.

Again, though, thanks for chiming in!!!

childofthe1980s