Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel doc keeps making a backup after macro is ran

I have a macro that just updates formatting in an excel document (can
link if needed but hoping its a simple fix), but once I click save it
creates a backup copy without the format changes in the same directory.
Every time I open the excel doc and make a change it creates another
backup copy in the same directory. How do I stop this?

--
jd316632
jd316632's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=425

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes it does have a .xlt extension, thank you for the information, I
guess I'll just keep deleting them then!

"jd316632" wrote in message

I have a macro that just updates formatting in an excel document

(can
link if needed but hoping its a simple fix), but once I click save

it
creates a backup copy without the format changes in the same

directory.
Every time I open the excel doc and make a change it creates another
backup copy in the same directory. How do I stop this?

--
jd316632

jd316632's Profile:
'The Code Cage Forums - View Profile: jd316632'

(http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=425)
View this thread:
'Excel doc keeps making a backup after macro is ran - The Code Cage

Forums' (http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=107460)

--
jd316632
jd316632's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=425
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=107460

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Usually, when a template is saved, it is done with the SaveAs method so it
can be given a different name. If you use, SaveAs and give the file a new
name, the problem should go away.