Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default calendar date problem

I got a popup calendar by using http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm method.
It functions perfectly under new workbook When I place it in my current
project, popup calendar looks normal, but when date clicked 18 Jun 2009 cell
recorded as 19 Jun 2003, year alway picked as 2003 in cell. Any idea?
Rgds

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

--You mean to say even if you select the year from top right corner as 2009;
and click on June 18th; it shows as 2013? In design mode check the last
property which is the year; change that to 2009; so that the default year
will be 2009

--Incase you want the date in only one cell then refer the cell (say A1)
from properties 'Linked Cell' and exit design mode.

--If you want the current date to be set as the default, in design mode
double click the calendar control and paste the below code.
Private Sub Calendar1_GotFocus()
Calendar1.Value = Date
End Sub

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Seeker" wrote:

I got a popup calendar by using http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm method.
It functions perfectly under new workbook When I place it in my current
project, popup calendar looks normal, but when date clicked 18 Jun 2009 cell
recorded as 19 Jun 2003, year alway picked as 2003 in cell. Any idea?
Rgds

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Jacob,
I am using calendar version 10.0. In the popup title and dropdown list also
showing 2009 but the cell captured as 2013. I changed the value of default
year to 2005, so the dropdown list default as year 2005 then cell captured as
2009, so there always 4 years and 1 day more than the selected date.
Rgds

"Seeker" wrote:

I got a popup calendar by using http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm method.
It functions perfectly under new workbook When I place it in my current
project, popup calendar looks normal, but when date clicked 18 Jun 2009 cell
recorded as 19 Jun 2003, year alway picked as 2003 in cell. Any idea?
Rgds

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Your problem is this

By default, Excel in Microsoft Windows uses the 1900 date system. However, many Apple Macintosh users use the 1904 date system.
Dates in Excel are actually numbers. That is, if you enter 1 in an empty cell and format the cell as date, 1900-01-01 is displayed
in the 1900 date system, and 1904-01-02 is displayed in the 1904 date system.

To change this setting in Excel 97-Excel 2003, on the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the Calculation tab. To change the
setting in Excel 2007, click the Microsoft Office Button, click the Excel Options dialog box, and then click the Advanced tab. If
you copy dates between workbooks, and both workbooks use a different date system, there is a difference of four years (1462 days)
between the dates.

The following steps illustrate one way to compensate for this difference:

Type 1462 into any empty cell in the workbook.

Copy the contents by selecting the cell and pressing CTRL+C.

Select the cell that contains the date you want to update.

Excel 2007 only:

On the Home tab, in the Clipboard group, click Paste, click Paste Special, select Add (or Subtract depending on which workbook you
are pasting to), and then click OK.

-or-

Excel 97, Excel 2000, Excel 2002, and Excel 2003 only:

On the Edit menu, click Paste Special, click Add (or Subtract depending on which workbook you are pasting to), and then click OK.

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Seeker" wrote:

I got a popup calendar by using http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm method.
It functions perfectly under new workbook When I place it in my current
project, popup calendar looks normal, but when date clicked 18 Jun 2009 cell
recorded as 19 Jun 2003, year alway picked as 2003 in cell. Any idea?
Rgds

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ron,
Thanks very much for your macro and your tips in solving the problem.
Millionnnnnnnn tks again.
Rgds

"Seeker" wrote:

I got a popup calendar by using http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm method.
It functions perfectly under new workbook When I place it in my current
project, popup calendar looks normal, but when date clicked 18 Jun 2009 cell
recorded as 19 Jun 2003, year alway picked as 2003 in cell. Any idea?
Rgds

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Ron/ Jacob,
The calendar is ready for users to select date for record now, I also made
two validation cells for hour and minute selection, the problem is how do I
embed these three cells in the fourth cell as value for calculation?
Rgds

"Seeker" wrote:

I got a popup calendar by using http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm method.
It functions perfectly under new workbook When I place it in my current
project, popup calendar looks normal, but when date clicked 18 Jun 2009 cell
recorded as 19 Jun 2003, year alway picked as 2003 in cell. Any idea?
Rgds

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can have a formula in the 4th column
=A1+TIMEVALUE(B1&":"&C1)

OR
in from code itself you directly calculate this as

dtTemp + timevalue( intHour & ":" & intMin )

where
dtTemp is the selected date (date variable)
intHour is hour declared as integer
intMin is minutes declared as integer

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria