Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Ribbon Macro does not work when stored in Personal file

I have a ribbon bar with icons that activates a macro stored in add-in files.
Also in the Personal.xlsb file are some macros stored, but they do not work
on activation of ribbon buttons..
When I transfere one of these to an add-in, it does work.
What's wrong with the Personal ?
roland
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I've not had issues with my Personal file when I updated the ribbon using
instructions here

http://www.rondebruin.nl/ribbon.htm

"Roland" wrote:

I have a ribbon bar with icons that activates a macro stored in add-in files.
Also in the Personal.xlsb file are some macros stored, but they do not work
on activation of ribbon buttons..
When I transfere one of these to an add-in, it does work.
What's wrong with the Personal ?
roland

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I have used Ron's instructions as well, but encounter the Personal files'
problem.
It might have something to do with disabled macros. This is the message I
get; 'Macro is not available in this workbook are may be disabled'.

"Roland" wrote:

I have a ribbon bar with icons that activates a macro stored in add-in files.
Also in the Personal.xlsb file are some macros stored, but they do not work
on activation of ribbon buttons..
When I transfere one of these to an add-in, it does work.
What's wrong with the Personal ?
roland

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Roland

Try this in a macro in the add-in

dim iRCdummy as IRibbonControl
Application.Run "Personal.xlb!MyMacro", iRCdummy

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Roland" wrote:

I have a ribbon bar with icons that activates a macro stored in add-in files.
Also in the Personal.xlsb file are some macros stored, but they do not work
on activation of ribbon buttons..
When I transfere one of these to an add-in, it does work.
What's wrong with the Personal ?
roland

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

thanx Ron, this works
there's also the opportunity to not store macros in the Personal file but
use addins
regards
roland