Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default HIGHLIGHT CELLS WHICH HAVE NO DEPENDENTS TO 2ND WORKSHEET

I'm the Rick who posted that... and if worked back then. I'd like to take a
look at your files, but I'm using a newsgroup reader (if that is the reason)
and cannot see any attachments. It would be best if you could post them to
one of the free sites that allow that so I and others can try to solve your
problem. You can also send them to me directly if you would like... just
remove the NO.SPAM stuff from my email address before you try to send them.
Just so you know, it is 4:00am here and I'm about to go to sleep for the
night, so you won't here back from me for a little while. If you post the
attachments to one of those free sites out there, someone may be able to
give you an answer sooner than I will be able to.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Ali" wrote in message
Dear Rick AND ALL,

The reply you posted at this link
http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...xp=&sloc=en-us
on August 17, 2008 as follows:

It took a little studying to figure out what was going on (Tom's post
about
removing the arrows put me on what I think was the right track). Give this
macro a try; I think it will do what you want...

Sub SelectNonDependentCellsInSelection()
Dim ShapeCount As Long
Dim R As Range
Dim NonDependents As Range
ActiveSheet.ClearArrows
ShapeCount = ActiveSheet.Shapes.Count
For Each R In Selection
R.ShowDependents
If ActiveSheet.Shapes.Count = ShapeCount Then
If NonDependents Is Nothing Then
Set NonDependents = R
Else
Set NonDependents = Union(R, NonDependents)
ActiveSheet.ClearArrows
Next
NonDependents.Select
End Sub

Rick

EXCEL FILE ATTACHED FOR YOUR PROPER UNDERSTANDING AND SOLUTION. ATTACHED
FILE HAVE TWO SHEETS.

Data imported and pasted in the first worksheet named as Data-3 for
accounts. Data in this work linked with the worksheet named as "Audit
Accounts". I want to trace or highlight those cells which have not linked
or
have no dependents at Audit accounts worksheet.

I paste this code in the VBA module and run macro but it is not
highlighting
the cells which have no dependents to the worksheet no. 2 named as "Audit
Accounts". A message box appears which shows (Object variable or with
block
variable not set).

Firstly, I want code work properly then only highlight those cells which
have no dependents to "Audit Account" worksheet because each cell have
multiple dependents at a time.

Request to hear you soon for positive response.

Ali