Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default No more fonts can be applied - with a twist

So it seems like the standard error (no more fonts can be applied to this
workbook). However this occurs when I try and make part of a cell comment
text bold, or when I try and save the spreadsheet for the first time (in this
case I get a stack of 'no more font' dialogue boxes before it does actually
save.

There ARE lots of embedded charts in the workbook, but they all have
ChartArea.AutoScaleFont = False (along with anything else I un-AutoScale,
such as text boxes and the like).

I have discovered several interesting things:
(a) I can add new charts without a problem;
(b) that the error upon saving can be removed if I save the workbook about
half-way through the task (which is a pretty intensive VBA program);
(c) if I save and then reload I can change the font to bold no problem.

Any clues on this little foible would be appreciated. The fix whereby I save
and close the sheet after each step seems somewhat clunky...

Cheers,

Matt
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

hi Matt,

Here are some links which may help...

'You receive an error message when you add a chart to a workbook in
Excel' (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/215573) Discusses changing a
registry key to prevent autoscaling as new charts are created.

'"Not enough memory" error when you add chart to workbook'
(http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;EN-US;168650)
Mentions a limit of 124 embedded charts in Excel 1997 and illustrates a
calculation of how the problem can occur.

You say you have lots of embedded charts - the second of the above
links suggests you may need to change your file design by moving some
charts to a new file. If you do need to do this, a potential work around
is to create "photos" in the first file which are linked to the charts
in the second file.

hth
Rob

--
broro183

Rob Brockett. Always learning & the best way to learn is to
experience...
broro183's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=333
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=104950