Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Format Icon

How about adding password protection to the workbook? That should prevent
users from seeing hidden worksheets, etc. Give it a try.

HTH,

Eric

"Doug" wrote:

I have a workbook with 5 sheets and 5 userforms. The user is supposed to
have access to 1 form. All the sheets are locked or unlocked as required to
perform various proceedures. Only the administrator should have access to
the various sheets and input forms. This access is password protected. The
code I used to lock everything was:

ActiveSheet.Protect Password:=TheWord, Contents:=True, Scenarios:=True, _
DrawingObjects:=True
ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:=TheWord

The problem is, the Format Icon on the Excel toolbar is still active which
gives the user access to 'unhide sheets' This exposes the other sheets
which are locked, but the command buttons are now visible and active which
gives the user full access to everything.

Is there code I can add to mine so I can deactivate the Format icon to limit
user acess?

Thanks for the help.
Doug