Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Inverse FFT

I have a question that maybe someone can help me with. I am a novice when it
comes to advanced math like this. I understand the concepts and can read the
math, but I am by no means proficient.

I have some wave data and have performed a FFT transform on the data using
the FFT Analysis . I get my results just fine, that isn't the problem. I
also can plot the values based on magnitude and frequemcy.

What I am trying to do is rebuild the original wave from the FFT values.
First question is; How do I do this?

Can I rebuild the waves from the frequencies and magnitudes alone or do I
need the real/imaginary components to rebuild the wave? How do I rebuild the
wave?

I have tried to find examples and all I have found is people saying use a
IFFT on the data to rebuild it. How do I do that in Excel?

Thanks for any help.

-Stephen
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

... all I have found is people saying use a
IFFT on the data to rebuild it. How do I do that in Excel?

Hi. In Excel, on the "Fourier Analysis" window, select "Inverse" on the
bottom of the window. This takes the Inverse, and returns your original
data.

= = = =
HTH
Dana DeLouis