Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Toolbar Gone - STUPID STUPID STUPID!!

I put a custom add-in into my Excel 2003 and stupidly named it "Tools". So
now my original Excel Tools menu is gone and I can't get it back. Probably
because my custom add-in deleted the "Tools" menu upon closing....so have
probably lost it permanently. I've renamed my custom bar, and tried various
things to get the original Tools back, using suggestions found in this
newsgroup, trying to make it enabled, visible, etc....but nothing is working.
Any ideas would be appreciate - thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Glad you're sorted :) Paige;366350 Wrote:
Oh....thank you thank you thank you! I feel like a real idiot here. Got
it
back - I should have known how to do this on my own.....but thank
heavens for
you guys! Have a great day....

"Simon Lloyd" wrote:

Paige;366277 Wrote:
I put a custom add-in into my Excel 2003 and stupidly named it

"Tools".
So
now my original Excel Tools menu is gone and I can't get it back.
Probably
because my custom add-in deleted the "Tools" menu upon

closing....so
have
probably lost it permanently. I've renamed my custom bar, and tried
various
things to get the original Tools back, using suggestions found in

this
newsgroup, trying to make it enabled, visible, etc....but nothing

is
working.
Any ideas would be appreciate - thanks.Take a look here at David

McRitchie' (MVP) site, this page is all about
resetting toolbars, i've used it a few times :)
'Toolbars, Custom Buttons and Menus'
('Toolbars, Custom Buttons and Menus'

(http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/toolbars.htm))

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,
Simon Lloyd
'The Code Cage' ('The Code Cage - Microsoft Office Help - Microsoft

Office Discussion' (http://www.thecodecage.com))

Simon Lloyd's Profile: 'The Code Cage Forums - View Profile: Simon

Lloyd' (http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=1)
View this thread: 'Toolbar Gone - STUPID STUPID STUPID!! - The Code

Cage Forums' (http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=102610)

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,