Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Troubleshoot access - excel linked table

I have an access table linked to an excel spreadsheet. There is an
append query which compares this table to another table and adds a few
lines to the bottom of the excel spreadsheet. This was working fine
for a long time and suddenly I start getting an error message
“Operation must use an updateable query”. I suspected the problem was
in the excel side and something was preventing access from writing the
data in excel. I tried the same program on another computer and
everything is working fine. Any idea what in excel should be corrected
to set it back again. I cannot recollect what setup changes I had done
to excel in the recent past. (I can ofcourse re install excel!!)
regards, suresh