Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Help with hyperlinks

Can you copy or link to a cell that has a hyperlink so the hyperlinks carries
through to your new cell or worksheet?

There are 50 sheets each with 30 hyperlinks. I want to be able to update one
worksheet and have the other sheets with the same hperlinks update
automatically as well. Is this possible?

For example: I have a hyper link in cell b4 in worksheet 1 which links to a
file.
How can I link that hyperlink to cell b4 in worksheet 2 so that when I update
the hyper link in worksheet 1 b4 it updates my link on in cell b4 in
worksheet 2. In worksheet 2 cell b4 I put ='worksheet 1'!b4 but this does not
carry the hyperlink through. How do you link the cells and maintain the
hyperlink.
Thanks for the input!

Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Just linking to a cell with a hyperlink doesn't carry it through to the cell
with the formula.

One way would be to use a hidden sheet with your hyperlink definitions (URL
and display text) and use the HYPERLINK() formula on the sheets with the
links.

Or if there's a fixed relationship between the link locations and you know
which sheets need updating you could do it with a VBA routine after updating
the first sheet (though your question seems to be looking for a formula
approach). Presumably this is more of a maintenance task than an end-user
one ?

Tim