Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Form Names

I have a form named frmAbout with a capital A. In my code I have
frmabout.show, or frmabout.hide. They have small a. When I change to
capital A it changes back to small a. If I run the code I get an error
message "Object Variable or With Block Variable Not Set." If I change the
form name in Properties to frmabout with small a and re run the code, I get
the same error. 2 questions: What causes the A to change? Is the error
related to the 'A' or could there be some other problem with my code.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

place this:
OPTION EXPLICIT

at the top of your code module ... it will help enforce correct variable
name spelling

"Doug" wrote in message
I have a form named frmAbout with a capital A. In my code I have
frmabout.show, or frmabout.hide. They have small a. When I change to
capital A it changes back to small a. If I run the code I get an error
message "Object Variable or With Block Variable Not Set." If I change the
form name in Properties to frmabout with small a and re run the code, I
get
the same error. 2 questions: What causes the A to change? Is the error
related to the 'A' or could there be some other problem with my code.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I'm not sure where you mean to place it. I have 'Sub Workbook_Open(), if I
place it above, title changes to(General) (Declarations). If I place it
below text changes to blue. Either way, the A always changes to a small a.

Thanks,
Doug