Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Input box help needed

I can't seem to find my question from last Friday, so I'm posting it again
with more info. My excel spreadsheet has a list of all our policies on one
worksheet. A second worksheet is a place where employees can request a file
- some are in house other are in offsite storage. All the user has to do is
click a button that runs a macro & a new blank row appears for them to enter
their request. All they need to enter is their name & the policy # - Vlookup
will show in other fields the complete info for the file & if it is in house
or offsite.

People here don't know excel, so I want this to be very simple for them -
rather than have them enter data in a cell I want the input box to ask them
to enter their name & click ok - what they enter will go in B4. The input
box appears & asks the question, but I don't know how to get it to place the
info in B4.

Sheets("POLICY LIST").Select
Range("B4").Select
Application.Run _
"'HARCO POLICY LIST.xls'!SortByPolicyNo_Click"
Sheets("REQUEST A FILE").Select
Application.Goto Reference:="Start2"
Range("A4").Select
Selection.EntireRow.Insert
Application.Goto Reference:="NewRecord"
Selection.Copy
Rows("4:4").Select
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteAll, Operation:=xlNone,
SkipBlanks:= _
False, Transpose:=False
Range("B4").Select
'Application.CutCopyMode = False
InputBox prompt:="Enter you Name"

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Besides this it appears that your code could be greatly simplified. But hard
to tell without knowing what's goin on.

Range("B4").inputBox("Enter you Name")

instead of

--