Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Naming fixed range versus a List

I posted this question as an addendum to another thread without
response, so I'm hoping that it's just because it was hiding under
the
wrong thread.

When I name a range that happens to correspond to a list, the name
becomes attached to the list rather than the underlying range. That
is, when the list size changes due to row addition/deletion, the
range
corresponding to the name also changes.

This is great for most occassions, but I was wondering if there are
circumstances under in which the name would apply the a fixed range
rather than a corresponding list?

I'm not asking because that's what I want to do at the moment (though
you never can tell, it might be useful in the future). I'm asking so
that I can be assured that the naming of a range that corresponds to
list will /always/ attach the name to the list. If that's the case,
no need to worry about the alternative happening due to circumstances
that one doesn't know about.